Working Holiday Visa - What you need to know
A New Zealand Working Holiday is a great way to experience New Zealand and really understand this country and its culture. Here, at New Zealand Job Finder, we want to help you get the most out of your working holiday experience by providing you with an easy route into working for some of the best hospitality establishments throughout the country.
As a candidate looking for work through New Zealand Job Finder you will be expected to arrange your own working holiday visas, so here is some information to help you.
Please note that we are not an immigration agency - we are focusing on providing easy access to top quality full time, seasonal, or short-term placements for international hospitality staff visiting New Zealand on a working holiday or New Zealanders looking for quality employment opportunities. This is also a great idea for kiwis to travel and experience the real New Zealand.
As far as we are aware there are working holiday schemes available to people from these countries:
Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Chile, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, I reland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay
You will have to look into the specific visa requirements for your own country of origin, however the general rules that seem to apply to all countries are that:
- You must hold a valid passport for your country of origin.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- You must not bring any children with you.
- You must hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase a ticket.
- You must have a minimum of NZ $4200 available to support you while you are in NZ. This is around &2000 Euros
- You must meet the health and character requirements specified as part of your visa application.
- You must be visiting New Zealand to holiday with work being a secondary intention.
- You must not have been approved a visa or permit under the Working Holiday Scheme before.
Conditions of work
The New Zealand Working Holiday Scheme allows you to undertake temporary or casual work to supplement your holiday funds. The main purpose of the visa is to holiday and travel in New Zealand so you are not permitted to take up permanent employment.
Where to apply
You can apply for a NZ Visa here
For more information regarding visas for your country of origin the best place to visit is New Zealand Immigration