Legal requirements for working in NZ
A New Zealand Working Holiday is a great way to experience New Zealand and really understand this country and its culture. Here, at New Zealand Job Finder, we want to help you get the most out of your working holiday experience by providing you with an easy route into working for some of the best hospitality establishments throughout the country.
As a candidate looking for work through New Zealand Job Finder you will be expected to arrange your own working holiday visas, so here is some information to help you.
Please note that we are not an immigration agency we are focusing on providing easy access to top quality full time, seasonal, or shortterm placements for international hospitality staff visiting New Zealand on a working holiday or New Zealanders looking for quality employment opportunities. This is also a great idea for kiwis to travel and experience the real New Zealand.
For more information regarding visas for your country of origin the best place to visit is www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/workingholiday/
Another website full of useful information is www.fourcorners.co.nz/newzealand/workingholidays/
As far as we are aware there are working holiday schemes available to people from these countries: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China,Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia,Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland,Singapore (work exchange program), Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan,Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Vietnam.
You will have to look into the specific visa requirements for your own country of origin, however the general rules that apply to most countries are:
- You must hold a valid passport for your country of origin.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35.*
- You must not bring any children with you.
- You must hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase a ticket.
- You must have a minimum of NZ $4200 available to support you while you are in NZ, this is approximately €2500.
- You must meet the health and character requirements specified as part of your visa application.
- You must be visiting New Zealand on holiday with work being a secondary intention.
- You must not have been approved a visa or permit under the Working Holiday Scheme in New Zealand before.
*Please note: the cut off age for many countries is 30. Please see www.immigration.govt.nz for further details.